Our White Plains labor relations attorneys represent both public and private employers and employees in all facets of Labor and Employment Law, prosecuting and defending lawsuits in state and federal courts.
White Plains Labor Relations Attorneys
We represent the United Federation of Special Police and Security Officers, Inc., the United Federation of Police Officers, Inc. and the New York State Federation of Police, Inc. regarding collective bargaining agreements, mediation and arbitration under the Public Employment Relations Board (PERB) and election matters under the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB).
We represented the Retired Police Officers of the City of White Plains regarding retroactive reductions in City paid health insurance premiums under the New York State Health Insurance Program (NYSHIP) in a 1983 Civil Rights litigation in federal court.
We also represented an employer regarding Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) and Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) violations in federal court litigation.
We also provided defense representation services in two Fair Labor Standard Act Actions in United States District Court, Southern District of New York.
Recently, our firm won a summary judgment motion against the Teamsters Local 282 Welfare, Pension, Annuity, Job Training and Vacation and Sick Leave Trust Funds under ERISA in a $12,000,000 action by Local 282 against our clients.
We have also provided representation in Defense of Overtime Wage Orders under New York Labor Law.
We have represented numerous parties in arbitration of labor and employment disputes. Representative matters include:
- United Federation of Police Officers Local 279 v Village of Walton (September 10, 2010).
- United Federation of Police Officers v. County of Rockland and CSEA, et al. (April 27, 2009).
- The GEO Group, Inc. v. United Federation of Special Police and Security Officers (Mark Berry) FMCS Case No. 10-56303-8 (November 30, 2010).
- United Federation of Special Police and Security Officers v. The Geo Group, Inc. (Aleasha Barton) FMCS Case No. 11-51250 (Connolly, December 2, 2010)
- United Federation of Police Officers v. Village of Sleepy Hollow (Impasse) PERB Case No. M 2009-266 (Korn, January 6, 2011)
- United Federation of Special Police and Security Officers v. Mount Sinai Medical Center (Alan Schuster) (Biren, August 25, 2011)
- United Federation of Special Police and Security Officers v. Garda
- United Federation of Special Police and Security Officers (Jeffers) v. G4S Regulated Security Solutions, Inc. FMCS Case No. 110831-58438-1 (Paradis, March 7, 2012)
- United Federation of Special Police and Security Officers (Inman) v. The Geo Group, Inc., FMCS Case No. 11-57956-6 (Bass, March 21, 2012)
- United Federation of Special Police and Security Officers (Phillips), FCMA Case No. 12-09980069
- Village of Spring Valley v. Simpson, disciplinary hearing, August 23, 2010 (settled)
- Cantu v. Village of Spring Valley, October 31, 2012
- United Federation of Special Police and Security Officers (LaBarre) v. G4S Regulated Security Solutions, FMCS Case No. 12-50270-1 (Wolfson, March 1, 2013, settled)
We welcome the opportunity to meet with you to discuss your requirements in detail and to review specific proposals for the services we may provide. Please contact us to schedule a consultation.